FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
Check in & Check out
- Upon arrival, the rooms are ready for occupancy at 2.30 p.m., occasionally even earlier.
- You must check out before 9 a.m. on the scheduled date of departure.
- Your luggage can be stored until departure.
Bed Linen & Towels
- Beds are made by our staff. On the day of departure, we kindly ask you to strip the bed yourself and throw the sheets into the containers provided.
- Please bring your own towels / bath towels with you. However, these will be provided for teachers and persons accompanying school and youth groups as well as for adult groups.
Please inform us at least 1 week before arrival about the exact number of participants (women/men, girls/boys) and you will receive a room plan from us.
Single Room for Accompanying Persons
Only a limited number of single rooms are available for persons accompanying school and youth groups. However, additional rooms can be booked in the immediately adjacent Haus Michaela for an extra charge.
Arriving by Bus or Train
Driving to the Youth Hostel is no problem at all. There are sufficient free parking spaces. In winter, the roads are well cleared from snow. However, we still advise you to bring snow chains with you. This particularly applies to buses.
When travelling by train, you will arrive in Bischofshofen. From there, the shuttle taxi “Werfenweng shuttle“ takes you at 2-hour intervals directly to our house.
- Distance, approx. 12 km
- One-way fare for adults € 3.20
- Fare for children € 1.60
- We organise a reasonably priced bus transfer for groups at any time
Excursions and Sightseeing Tours
As a special service, we gladly take complimentary advance reservations for guided tours, such as Hohenwerfen castle, Amadé Thermal Baths, Salt Mines, etc.
We also order bus transfers in advance, so you do not have to worry about anything.
Payments can be made in cash or in advance by bank transfer. We appreciate your understanding that we cannot accept credit cards or EC cards. An ATM is located in the village, approximately 1 km away from here.
Sports Equipment Rental
We arrange free ski equipment rentals at no charge. Therefore, we need a complete rental list from you in time. Forms can be obtained at any time upon request.
Doctors and Hospital
- General practitioners can be found in Pfarrwerfen (6 km) and Werfen (8 km).
- The hospital in Schwarzach is located 26 km away.
- The Red Cross Ambulance Service is very well organised.
A general store and 3 sports shops are located in the village of Werfenweng and at the “Ikarus” cable car lift. The nearest shopping centre is in Bischofshofen (12 km). A kiosk and a cold beverage vending machine are located in the house. Postcards and stamps are also available. Mail is collected on a regular basis from Monday through Friday.
Quietness during the Night
In a youth hostel there is a good atmosphere and lots of activities going on, which in turn create a certain amount of noise. However, considering the large number of sports activities, sleep must not be neglected and therefore, we please ask you to be quiet in the rooms as from 10 p.m. This is mainly out of consideration for other guests.
Please Keep in Mind
- We require a complete list of participants with names and dates of birth for groups (for schools, a school stamp is required)
- The use of slippers is mandatory
- Towels/bath towel
- Bring along table tennis rackets, balls, parlour games