Werfenweng in the federal state of Salzburg (Land Salzburg)
The tranquil village of Werfenweng is located on a sunny high plateau at the foot of the Tennen Mountains in the federal state of Salzburg (Land Salzburg). This hospitable village at an altitude of approximately 1,000 m above sea level has plenty of new activities on offer. Werfenweng is known for its environmentally-friendly form of transport (soft mobility) and the family-friendly ski resort Werfenweng featuring 8 ski lifts.
This is where paradise is at home. Enjoy the peace, the silence and the serenity in the middle of this unspoilt natural beauty. Breathe in the atmosphere of the gently rolling lush meadows and the green, fragrant forests underneath the imposing massif of the Tennen Mountains. It is simply beautiful here, far away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Skiing Vacation and Summer Holidays in Werfenweng
- Werfenweng skiing area – 2 km from the Youth Guest House / Youth Hostel – with excellent ski slopes, children’s ski world, Jam Park, rustic mountain restaurants and ski huts
- Guaranteed snow is ensured by modern snowmaking equipment from 1,000 to 1,834 meters above sea level in the family skiing region of Werfenweng
- Natural ice skating rink at the Wengsee Lake with skate rental, curling ice rink
- 3 toboggan runs, 26 km of perfectly prepared cross-country ski trails in Werfenweng
- Natural bathing lake with water slide and beach volleyball court
- 3 tennis courts for exciting matches
- Rental of electric scooters and electric bikes
- Werfenweng Hiking Arena with Ikarus cable car to the circular hiking trail and adventure playground up on the Bischling (1840 m)
Museums · Tradition · Art
- Visiting the Salzburg Provincial Ski Musuem is a must while staying in Werfenweng, since it is an absolute highlight for Alpine winter sports enthusiasts and therefore definitely should not be missed out.
- Living tradition in the course of the seasons with ancestral traditions
- Farm shop selling local dairy and meat products, seasonal fruits and vegetables, farmhouse bread, eggs, gift items, farm handicrafts, etc….
- For all creative individuals – drawing and painting at the Atelier Ruhdorf